Arvia, P&O Cruises’ newest ship, arriving in December 2022, will feature more than 30 places to eat and drink and new menus by Local Food Heroes, Shivi Ramoutar and José Pizarro. Arvia is also set to house new restaurants created exclusively for the ship, including Green & Co feat. Mizuhana and 6e Street dinner.
P&O Cruises is collaborating with the queen of contemporary Caribbean cuisine, Shivi Ramoutar, and renowned Spanish chef, José Pizarro, to bring local culinary experiences to Arvia’s Caribbean and Mediterranean vacations respectively.
To The beach house Shivi will celebrate her passion for Caribbean cuisine with a range of dishes including her vibrant Jerk Chicken Supreme with rice and peas, coleslaw, shallow fried plantain and a Jamaican cornmeal specialty known as name of festivals.
In The glass house and the cellar door guests will be able to taste tapas created by José Pizarro, accompanied by wines selected by Food Hero Olly Smith. Dishes will include José Pizarro tapas with grilled whole tiger prawns, mango, chilli and garlic salsa; lamb chops, mashed potatoes, olives, sun-dried cherry tomatoes and romesco sauce; and tuna tartare with avocado, tomato and chili vinaigrette.
Green & Co feat. Mizuhana will be a new exclusive restaurant in Arvia and will offer its customers exquisitely crafted fish and herbal dishes. Guests can dine at the sushi bar and watch the expert chefs at work or sit at tables to enjoy the sea view. Dishes will include –
- Chakalaka Wellington with a South African-inspired spicy smoked tomato sauce, red cabbage gel, corn relish, warm green bean salad, crispy corn kernels and spicy sweet potato pakoras, coconut labneh, peas and mint
- Moriawase Nigiri plates with albacore tuna, Highland salmon, yellow tail, sea bass, maki and tuna uramaki
- Chocolate Earth plate with dark chocolate and beetroot pebbles, chocolate mushrooms, tarragon jelly, chocolate earth and milk-free vanilla gelato
6th Street Diner is new to Arvia and is an all-American restaurant serving breakfast, brunch, dinner and sweets, accompanied by great music and frozen cocktails. Dishes will include –
- Pennsylvania Dutch Waffles with Fried Chicken and Spiced Maple Syrup
- New York Strip Steak with Grilled Asparagus, Crispy Shallows, Garlic Butter, and Fries
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pie with Cream Cheese Frosting
Roasting at the docks is also new to Arvia with traditional lunches served with a modern twist, including a giant Yorkshire pudding filled with Sunday favorite roasts.
Other highlights on board include:
- Amber Lounge – located in the Grand Atrium, guests can enjoy expertly crafted cocktails while watching artists perform aerial vignettes above. Arvia’s new cocktails include a Barbarossa (mixture of 3 different rums, apricot and pomegranate juice) and a Tortuga Cobbler (with Aperol, grapefruit, raspberry juice and The Tidal Rum).
- Anderson bar – Boasting a boutique distillery and a menu of handcrafted rums and gins, this intimate bar is a cozy place to have a drink day or night. During the winter season the onboard still will create a unique rum, created exclusively by The Tidal Rum and in the summer we will craft bespoke Marabelle Gin.
- Infinite – the new water bar on board Arvia will be the ideal place to sip a cocktail or two.
Fresh and informal
- Vistas Cafe Bar – Café serving pastries and sweets with Costa coffee, teapigs™ tea and ocean views.
- Ripples – Gelateria, in partnership with Snowflake Luxury Gelato, serving ice cream cones, cakes and sundaes, including rum and raisin ice cream and a special Caribbean-inspired sundae.
- Taste 360 – Burgers, hot dogs, baked pizzas, authentic street food and special dishes from Local Food Heroes, Shivi Ramoutar and José Pizarro.
- The olive grove – Mediterranean restaurant with a menu made up of emblematic dishes from the region, from Greek mezze to Moroccan lamb tagine. During Celebration Nights, the restaurant will offer an exclusive menu by José Pizarro.
- The Skittle and the Cow – Gastro pub serving dry-aged steaks, British classics and a signature burger, The Prime Minister.
- Sindhou- Guests can dine in elegant surroundings as the chefs take them on a journey that celebrates the best of contemporary Indian cuisine.
Classy and special
- epicurean – Classic British ingredients are given a modern twist and are served with fine wines,service, an elegant setting and great ocean views.
Served with entertainment
- The limelight club – An adults-only event, guests will be able to settle in for entertainment from some of Britain’s most beloved artists while eating a three-course dinner.
- Club 710 – a sophisticated live music bar designed according to the creative vision of Music Director Gary Barlow, guests will be able to immerse themselves in an array of musical genres while enjoying stylish cocktails and Gary’s hand-picked negronis.
Arvia maiden, Canary Islands, 14 nights from £1,449 pp
14 night cruise on Arvia (K203) for £1,449 pp for an inside cabin. From December 9, 2022, the price includes children’s clubs, full board meals and entertainment. Ports of call to and from Southampton are Madeira, Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Cadiz and Lisbon.
Mediterranean, 14 nights from £1,049 pp
14 night cruise on Arvia (K307) for £1,049 pp for an inside cabin. From April 2, 2023, the price includes children’s clubs, full board meals and entertainment. Ports of call on departure and return from Southampton are La Coruña, Mallorca, La Spezia, Marseilles, Barcelona and Cadiz.
For pictures visit here.
For more information or to book, call P&O Cruises on 0344 338 8003, visit www.pocruises.co.uk or contact a travel agent.